For those who are trying to lose weight, the fastest growing trend is not a special workout routine or weird and wonderful diet; it is an adjustment in lifestyle. Are you using the old methods, counting calories but you aren’t becoming better?
Stop stressing over all the countless hours spent at the gym only to stay on a weight-loss plateau. However, even with the effort you exert in that area, you still do not have the results you want for your body.
Even though short-term diets have a poor track record for successful weight loss, one in four people will try them out. Exercise is always a boost for one’s health, but it will not melt excess weight away like magic. Multiple studies have revealed that the key to long-term weight loss is about lifestyle alterations. You can lose some serious weight, and the best part about it all is that you can keep it off. This is their secret to success:
1. Eat the right foods. There is no secreting in calories. If you eat more calories than you burn off, your weight will go up. But if you choose to eat lean and healthy foods, it doesn’t necessarily have to be to count calories. Aim to make the meals smaller, eat fruits and veggies along with getting enough lean proteins along the way. Combine all of this with quality whole grains and it is a diet for success.
2. Stay active. The most popular method of losing weight through lifestyle change includes about an hour of walking per day. That’s all, just an hour of walking per day. You do not have to head out to the gym or purchase the latest equipment to lose weight. A steady exercise routine is far more effective.
3. Support System It helps you with your weight loss efforts if you have a good support system around you. Conversely, if they sit around eating junk food and living a slovenly lifestyle, they will just discourage you and drag you down.
4. Sleep Well When you don’t get the amount of sleep that you need, your body will not produce insulin, which regulates your hunger and appetite. If you don’t get enough rest, you will certainly make poor decision as far as food choices are concerned. Insulin is tied to helping to keep your metabolism levels regulated, which means with adequate sleep, you’re going to want to exercise more.
A Food Journal Helps
5. Keep Track Of Your Progress You have to quickly realize how keeping a food journal is the way to go. Record the foods you eat and the exercises that you do; seeing the positive results will motivate you to continue. This documenting of your process helps you see what may or may not be working for you. It makes things more black and white as opposed to a murky gray. You can also easily see when patterns are forming, such as particular times of the week when you eat more than you should.
If you’re still pondering the effectiveness of good documentation, consider this: People who make records consistently (for six days a week or more) typically drop twice as many pounds as people who don’t document their efforts. Embrace accountability and keep track of what you do when you’re trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle. The results are a healthy weight loss and a reduction in unwanted cellulite.