Shifting focus to lifestyle, rather then crazy diets or insane workout, is becoming an increasing trend among weight loss seekers. If you’re tired of counting calories and trying ever so hard to stick with unrealistic diets while getting less than stellar results, it’s time you made a change.
Always spending time in the gym going through hectic workouts? Perhaps, like many, you’re exercising at your limit and seeing few results.
Even though short-term diets have a poor track record for successful weight loss, one in four people will try them out. Although it offers many positive health benefits, exercise is not guaranteed to melt the pounds away. As documented in numerous credible studies, the only effective way to lose weight and keep it off is to make dramatic changes to your lifestyle. Not only can this result in a 60 pound weight loss, it can be kept off as well. This is what they did to change their lives:
5 Smart Weight Loss Tips
1. Eat smart. Understanding calories can be done scientifically. When more calories are consumed than can be expended, there will be an increase in weight. You do not need to constantly count calories if you eat smart. Find recipes that focus on nutrition as well as weight loss. Cut down on the size of your portions, eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, take in lean me ants and add whole grains to the diet.
2. Exercise in a practical way. You do not have to go overboard when it comes to exercising. That’s all it takes. There are no painful and endless reps, expensive equipment or gym memberships involved. Just being consistent with moderate exercise can pan out well for you.
3. Support System Those that are successful in losing weight generally find that they have people around them that also make smart lifestyle choices. Conversely, if they sit around eating junk food and living a slovenly lifestyle, they will just discourage you and drag you down.
4. Sweet Sleep – Make A Habit Of It If you do not sleep well, your body will not make the insulin it needs to keep your appetite in check. If you are tired, the chances of you eating unhealthy foods increases. Insulin also plays a role in regulating the metabolism, this means you have the needed energy for regular exercise when you are adequately rested.
5. Keeping track of your progress. Journals are one of the most effective weight loss tools around. When you write down how much exercise you did and what you ate, along with what results you saw from your efforts, it will help you continue down a successful path. As long as you’re keeping records, you’re reminding yourself of your lifestyle goals. You can also see where you’re being challenged.
Keep An Honest Journal
Problematic patterns such as increased eating over weekends or when in the company of certain individuals who do not have a positive influence on you will be clearly identified in a food journal. It is proven how those who do keep a log of everything they eat are able to lose double the weight compared to those who refuse to log their efforts. A food journal is an important tool that can help you account for what you eat and help you follow your programs.
Keep track also of healthy recipes that fit into your diet plan and that taste good. There are multitudes of resources to find recipes for great tasting, healthy meals. An added benefit to changing your diet and lifestyle is the reduction of unwanted cellulite. Another good reason to make a change.